Submissions open for inaugural Xero Beautiful Business Fund
Xero small business customers have until 6 October to enter for a share of NZ$750,000 in funding globally
Xero, the global small business platform, marked day one of Xerocon Sydney 2023 by opening applications for its inaugural Xero Beautiful Business Fund, designed to celebrate small businesses, empower success and help accelerate their growth. The initiative is now open for submissions with more than NZ$750,000 in funding available to support the future aspirations of small businesses globally.
- For full submission criteria and details, please visit xerobeautifulbusinessfund.com
- Submissions will close on 6 October 2023.
The Xero Beautiful Business Fund is open to Xero small business customers in New Zealand, Australia, Canada (excluding Quebec), Singapore, South Africa, the US and the UK and will recognise companies who are eager to take the next step in various aspects of their business.
Low barriers to enter and to apply
Xero small business customers will need to submit a 90-second pitch video and complete a brief written form for as many categories as they would like to enter:
- Innovating for sustainability: For small businesses who want to take the next step on their sustainability journey. For example, it could be to move to sustainable packaging, implement energy-efficient equipment or carbon-neutral transport.
- Trailblazing with technology: For small businesses seeking to innovate. This could include digitalising parts of their operations or integrating new emerging technologies.
- Strengthening community connection: For small businesses or non-profits who strive to give back to their communities. It could be to contribute to philanthropy, social good, or make an impact on the community in a meaningful way.
- Upskilling for the future: For small businesses seeking to support upskilling for themselves or their employees. This could include access to training and other professional development opportunities.
Each submission should be future-focused and detail how the funding would benefit the small business.
“Supporting and celebrating small businesses and their owners is at the core of Xero’s mission, and we’re energised by the opportunity to empower these companies and trailblazers with funding that can help them achieve the next level of success,” said Sukhinder Singh Cassidy, Xero CEO.
“We already know that so many of our customers embody Xero’s values, and we’re pleased to be awarding funds to help our customers in an area like sustainability or upskilling, where they may not have had the cash to do so.”
A total of 28 regional winners, one from each region for each category, will be determined by regional judging panels before being put forward to the global judging panel to select the global winner for each of the four categories.
Good luck! Winners will be announced later this year.
Considering Xero for your business? Alliott NZ’s Xero Certified Advisors in Auckland are here to answer any questions or to help your business upgrade to or optimise using Xero.