ALERT Level 3 – The Waiting Room
The key points for businesses are:
- Workers must work from home if they can.
- Workplaces must operate safely if they are open – keeping one metre between workers, recording who is working together, limiting interaction between groups of workers, disinfecting surfaces and maintaining high hygiene standards. Prime Minister Ardern referred to Forestry as a type of business that could now open as they could not work from home.
- Retail and hospitality businesses can only open for delivery and contactless pre-ordered pickup – customers cannot enter stores. This does open up e-commerce channels for these businesses.
- Supermarkets, dairies and petrol stations can continue to allow customers into their stores with the same restrictions and measures in place as Alert Level 4.
- Businesses cannot offer services which involve face-to-face contact or sustained close contact (e.g. hairdressing, massage, house cleaning or door-to-door salespeople)
- Other in-home services can be delivered if it is safe to do so (like tradespeople for repairs or installations) but they must keep two-metre separation from those in the house.
- Most workers will not require PPE to stay safe at work. Incorrectly used PPE can create more risk. Good hygiene measures like handwashing with soap and water, physical distancing, sneeze and cough etiquette and wiping down surfaces is the best defence against COVID-19.
Many of you already deal with us exclusively via these methods and will experience no service change. We are very experienced in working remotely and welcome any enquiries you may have.